This is one of those great after school snacks that comes together quickly, is full of healthy ingredients, but feels like a treat for the kids. My husband loves this one too!
Pour 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract into a medium bowl. Stir well. If you don’t have the natural peanut butter that is a bit soft, microwave your peanut butter for 30 seconds, then add the honey and vanilla to it.
Pour the dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
Stir to combine.
Pour the dry ingredients into the honey and peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
Here you can go two routes. The first: roll into balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Or the less sticky route…
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 15 minutes or overnight. Then roll into balls. Store in the fridge.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 2T chia seeds
- 1/4 cup millet (rinsed)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2T mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Pour honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract into a medium bowl. Stir well. If you don’t have the natural peanut butter that is a bit soft, microwave your peanut butter for 30 seconds, then add the honey and vanilla to it.
- Put the dry ingredients (oatmeal-pinch of salt) in separate mixing bowl. Stir.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the honey peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes-24 hours. Then roll into balls and serve. Or roll into balls immediately, then refrigerate for 15 minutes and serve. Store these in the fridge. They keep for several days.